Thursday, May 28, 2009

Healthy recipe of the week

Who knows, this might be the recipe of the day, month, year, etc. I thought it might be fun to post a healthy recipe every week for my peeps. Y'all know that I'm kinda into the whole healthy/non piggy food. I have a HUGE sweet tooth so I am always trying to find ways to indulge without causing myself grief. This is one of my low-calorie favorites. Now everyone has to run out and get an apple peeler/corer/slicer so they can make this treat. Those things are amazing!

Mock apple pie
1 medium apple
about 2 tsp of Splenda, or to taste
dash of salt
dash of cinnamon (I love cinnamon so I always add a very big dash)
about 1/2 tsp of flour
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
2 to 3 tsp of apple juice or whatever juice you have on hand
2 tbsp of Lite or Free cool whip (optional)
  1. Mangle the apple on the peeler/corer/slicer and cut the apple slices into quarters
  2. Mix the apple and the next 6 ingredients (through juice) in a small to medium tupperware container with a lid. Snap on the lid but leave one corner unclosed to let steam escape.
  3. Microwave on high for about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
  4. Top with the frozen cool whip and imagine that you're eatting apple pie!

I don't have any pictures or anything and, as you can tell, this is not at all an exact recipe. I don't really like those recipes that say "about" or "to taste", but what can you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment