Monday, June 15, 2009

Cooking withdrawals

Here's a picture of the only thing that I've made in the past week and a half. These are double chocolate, coconut, and sesame seed rice crispy treats. I made them, along with original rice crispy treats, for our trip to Colorado. I think that I seriously started going into withdrawals from the lack of real cooking this past week. Sure, I made campfire pita pizza pockets and breakfast burritos, but does that really count? I don't think it does. I did make chocolate chip cookies for the camping trip, but I didn't take any pictures. Besides, that was like ten or eleven days ago. I will post the recipe for the cookies later. They are the best chocolate chip cookies ever, or at least I think so. Tomorrow, or some other time, I will post some recipes from a cookbook that I got on my trip. It has to be one of the most entertaining cookbooks I have ever read. And, yes, I do read cookbooks. From cover to cover. I really have to go to sleep now. I have not caught up on sleep yet. There is nothing better than a real bed when you have been sleeping on a blow-up mattress in a freezing cold tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment