Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I love the farmer's market!

I really do love the farmer's market. I just went for the first time yesterday on the way to Walmart. Let's just say that I am going to get all of my vegetables and fruits there from now on. I hear that the one at the Botanic Gardens is the best. I just went to the Agricenter one because it is open all week long. From the list of things that I've made this week, you can tell that I have been on a veggie kick. I just sauteed some baby yellow squash and onions in olive oil, then topped it with some fresh thyme. I got all of these things (minus the olive oil) at the farmer's market. And I can't forget the beans I just made. They are some king of fresh beans...maybe pintos. I just covered them with salted water and brought them to a low boil for about 30 minutes. Just salt, pepper, and beans. They are so much better than dried beans. Who knew!? I love to cook! I think that I am going to make some bread today to go along with the pork chile verde and chile mashed potatoes that I am making for dinner. I have a lot of catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment