Saturday, July 4, 2009

My new best friend

Yea, that's right. This bread is my new best friend. I have eaten close to a whole loaf by myself in the past 2 or 3 days. This is the ezekiel bread that I posted the recipe for a couple of days ago. It was a little time-consuming to make and it has mashed lentils in it (yuck!), but I really do like it. It is very dense and wheaty tasting. It has wheat flour, barley flour, rye flour, and millet flour in it and it is still good despite all of that. Just wanted to let y'all know about my new friendship. I really love baking! Right now I have a batch of country white rolls in the oven for dinner tonight. Food-wise, it doesn't get any better than fresh-baked bread.
While I'm on here, I think I will post a great little kind-of recipe for all my peeps. I ran out of powdered sugar the other day and I remembered that I saw a recipe for it on recipezaar some time ago. All you have to do is grind 1 cup of sugar and 1 tbsp of corn starch in a blender until it is powdered like- surprise, surprise- powdered sugar. You can do the same thing with Splenda! 3/4 of a cup of Splenda to every 2 tbsp of cornstarch, I think. I plan on doing the Splenda one soon to see how it works. If one of y'all does it first, please let me know how it turns out. I think it's funny that I write like people are actually reading this! I guess I can just pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment