Monday, July 27, 2009

Recipe of the week

After consulting an expert in stuff foraging (Mitch), I have come to the conclusion that my herbs were not stolen. Apparently, when you put stuff on the sidewalk it is officially up for grabs. I thought that was the case and told the guy who does my yard (my husband, Ray) that it probably wasn't a good idea to put them there, but he assured me that they would be safe. All I can say is that my new herbs are now safe in the back yard! Anyway...I thought that I would share a new recipe with y'all. I have wanted to make my own liqueur for a while now. I don't know why I have this obsession because neither Ray nor I drink very often. But just in case we decide to I have made 2 bottles of coffee liqueur. Ray doesn't even like coffee-flavored stuff!

Coffee Liqueur
4 cups water
2 1/4 cups sugar
3 tbsp instant coffee
2 1/2 cups vodka
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Combine water, sugar and coffee in a large pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for about 2 hours or until reduced to a maple syrup consistency. Let cool completely. Stir in vodka and vanilla a pour into a large bottle. It is ready to serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment