Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sourdough bread

Although this is called sourdough bread, and I did use a starter that I let sit/fed for 10 days, it is not sour! I think that the longer I keep my starter the more sour it gets, though. I will not be defeated. I will try again. Later. It was fun to make even though it didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped. It's the kind of dough that has to sit over night, blah, blah, blah. I also kneaded it by hand, thank you very much. Supposedly, sourdough is not supposed to be so much as touched by anything metal. That includes bowls, spoons, beater attachments. I have even made sure not to stir my starter with anything but wooden spoons. I can't believe I actually remembered that little no no. Well, I have to go feed my non-sour starter so I can't rant about this any more. If anyone has a good recipe for starter/sourdough bread, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment